The LifeSpan project, which involves the simultaneous implementation of nine different strategies with strong evidence in suicide prevention,
Key highlights from the report include:
- New aftercare service up & running at all three major Emergency Departments.
- Universal mental health screening started general practices across the region.
- Over one hundred Health professionals undertake advanced training in suicide prevention.
- Cross-sectoral collaboration & community support results in delivery of Youth Aware of Mental Health Program to year 9 students from 25 schools (Public, Catholic & Independent schools)
- Hundreds of local community members trained to recognise & respond to suicidality.
- Funded placements are still available for health professionals to attend Recovery Camp!
- The power of people with lived experience working together
- Help us spread the word about help available in our region!
- Collaborative sums up successes with new Progress Report!
- Raising awareness for suicide prevention at ‘Battle of the Countries’
- The Productivity Commission has released an issues paper
- Tim Heffernan and Toni Garretty among new Deputy Commissioners for mental health
- Check in with family and friends during the festive season
- Young people donate to support local suicide prevention efforts
- Lend your voice to improve emergency and follow-up care for a suicidal crisis