Grand Pacific Health today officially launched the Suicide Prevention Initiative ‘Next Steps’ with the NSW Minister for Mental Health The Hon. Tanya Davies.
The Illawarra/Shoalhaven service will be delivered by Grand Pacific Health, Flourish and South Coast AMS and will provide 'Aftercare' support for people who present to local Emergency Departments in the Illawarra and Shoalhaven following a suicide attempt or with high suicide risk.
"Grand Pacific Health is extremely proud to be the lead agency for the intensive psychosocial clinical and peer support service." said CEO Ron de Jongh.
"Effective suicide prevention requires a whole of community response, so I am delighted that we are joined by many other colleagues from local organisations as we celebrate this important milestone together," added Mr de Jongh.
The NSW Government’s 2016/17 Budget announced a ‘Suicide Prevention Fund’ of $8 million over four years. The Fund is designed to support non-government organisations and community based organisations to improve responses to suicide prevention at a local level.
The "Next Steps" service represents the largest single program funded under this initiative.
- Have you seen our new Evaluation video?
- Launch of the Collaborative's first Report Card
- Free local suicide prevention training
- Illawarra Mercury receives national media award for 'Care to QPR' campaign
- Join us for the Collaborative's R U OK? Day event!
- Funded placements are still available for health professionals to attend Recovery Camp!
- The power of people with lived experience working together
- Help us spread the word about help available in our region!
- Collaborative sums up successes with new Progress Report!
- Raising awareness for suicide prevention at ‘Battle of the Countries’
- The Productivity Commission has released an issues paper
- Tim Heffernan and Toni Garretty among new Deputy Commissioners for mental health
- Check in with family and friends during the festive season
- Young people donate to support local suicide prevention efforts
- Lend your voice to improve emergency and follow-up care for a suicidal crisis
- Illawarra Hawks join QPR campaign for suicide prevention
- A mo takes a month, QPR takes an hour
- First national survey of trans and gender diverse sexual health launched in Australia
- Free suicide prevention training now available!
- NSW begins journey towards zero suicides!