Illawarra Shoalhaven is working together to reduce suicide by doing what works.
Media and their story sources can play a crucial role in reducing suicide deaths by providing safe media coverage, improving awareness and promoting help-seeking.
Recently, the Illawarra Shoalhaven Suicide Prevention Collaborative offered local media, communications professionals and community spokespeople the opportunity to undertake ‘Mindframe Plus’ media training.
The Mindframe National Media Initiative (Mindframe) aims to encourage responsible, accurate and sensitive representation of mental illness and suicide in the Australian mass media.
Mindframe Plus is a new training which has been especially developed for the LifeSpan suicide prevention project trial sites. The training built on the original two hour Mindframe training and was co-designed with local members of the community to ensure it would meet the needs of our region.
For more information on the Mindframe National Media Initiative click here.
- The power of people with lived experience working together
- Help us spread the word about help available in our region!
- Collaborative sums up successes with new Progress Report!
- Raising awareness for suicide prevention at ‘Battle of the Countries’
- The Productivity Commission has released an issues paper
- Tim Heffernan and Toni Garretty among new Deputy Commissioners for mental health
- Check in with family and friends during the festive season
- Young people donate to support local suicide prevention efforts
- Lend your voice to improve emergency and follow-up care for a suicidal crisis
- Illawarra Hawks join QPR campaign for suicide prevention