Kiama High School students recently donated the proceeds of multiple fundraising events to the Illawarra Shoalhaven Suicide Prevention Collaborative.
13 students participated in an elective events management course run by SENTRAL Youth Services. The students held a cake stall at Kiama High School and a Youth Market in Hindmarsh Park, with 20 stall holders taking part - a great success!
The students raised a total of $1,300, which they donated to the Illawarra Shoalhaven Suicide Prevention Collaborative, with the aim of assisting local suicide prevention efforts.
Thank you to all involved! The donation will help more than 100 people to complete Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR), an online, evidence-based suicide prevention training course that takes just one hour.
You can sign up for QPR here: www.suicidepreventioncollaborative.org.au/qpr
- Launch of the Collaborative's first Report Card
- Free local suicide prevention training
- Illawarra Mercury receives national media award for 'Care to QPR' campaign
- Join us for the Collaborative's R U OK? Day event!
- Funded placements are still available for health professionals to attend Recovery Camp!
- The power of people with lived experience working together
- Help us spread the word about help available in our region!
- Collaborative sums up successes with new Progress Report!
- Raising awareness for suicide prevention at ‘Battle of the Countries’
- The Productivity Commission has released an issues paper