We all have a role to play in suicide prevention. One simple thing you can do is learn how to recognise and respond to the warning signs of suicide.
Lifeline South Coast and Citylife Community Initiatives are currently offering two types of face-to-face suicide prevention trainings.
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST): 2 day workshop
Date: Thursday 6th and Friday 7th September 2018
Time: 9am-5pm both days
Price: $400 per participant (plus GST) must be paid before attending training
More info: at the Lifeline South Coast website
Question Persuade Refer: 1hr - 3hr workshops
Date: Multiple (click here for date options)
Time: 1pm start
Venue: Fairy Meadow
Price: $17 - 40
More info: https://qprlive.eventbrite.com.au
For more information on available community suicide prevention trainings click here.
- The power of people with lived experience working together
- Help us spread the word about help available in our region!
- Collaborative sums up successes with new Progress Report!
- Raising awareness for suicide prevention at ‘Battle of the Countries’
- The Productivity Commission has released an issues paper
- Tim Heffernan and Toni Garretty among new Deputy Commissioners for mental health
- Check in with family and friends during the festive season
- Young people donate to support local suicide prevention efforts
- Lend your voice to improve emergency and follow-up care for a suicidal crisis
- Illawarra Hawks join QPR campaign for suicide prevention